Monday 20 January 2014

Frivolous Apartment- Decanter Collection

Since I moved across the world, leaving all my former, household possessions behind AND I moved in with my boyfriend.....I have been frantically trying to turn the apartment we share into a place we will love to call home.

It's silly, in a way to think that familiar possessions are the things that make you feel at home, but in my case, decorating and filling the space you live in with items of comfort and inspiration are truly the things that make you feel 'at home'.

There are many different styles, vibes and attitudes that inspire me and the decor of our apartment.  I will reveal bits and pieces, as well as new additions to you in this blog.  Lets be honest, they do fall under the category of 'frivolous'.

Both of us are really into the 1920's, especially after watching The Great Gatsby, we love the poise of the era, as well as the glitz and glamour.  One thing I have always wanted to be a 'feature' in my home is a classy bar wear corner, filled with collectible decanters, fancy glasses and glittering trays.  We have started to create a little corner and collection in the dining room and here is what is there so far:



White Owl Vase-Target
Blue & Gold Decanter Set w/ 5 glasses-Gifted
Gold Striped Decanter- Vinnies $10.00

I am also, just slightly obsessed with Alice in Wonderland, and there are 'nods' to my favourite children's classic throughout my apartment, as well as many porcelain, white animals ;)



White Rabbit Print- Alice & Co (a darling little shop in Melbourne)
(I matted the print on blue paper and then framed it using a clean, white frame from IKEA)
String of long pearls- Sears (years and years old!)
Crystal Decanter Set w/ two matching glasses- Vinnies $30.00
Pair of white, porcelain Rabbits- one of the little boutiques located on the boardwalk in Cronulla

-My plan is to get a gorgeous either art deco tray/ or a beautiful mirrored tray to display this crystal decanter set on...I have been on the hunt for ages for the *perfect piece, hopefully I will acquire it soon!

I am an avid instagram poster, and I have created a hashtag for my apartment posts- #frivolousapartment, so I can have a documented space on there to display/easily look up all the apartment decor snaps!

Have you got a 'bar area', if so what great finds have you acquired?

xx
jen
@jennyscribbles-instagram & twitter
follow my writing blog- www.jennyscribbles.com



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting :)